Monday, June 14, 2010

Watch out for NED!

I think the Netherlands could make a run into the semifinals - they are so smooth. Kuyt is one of my favorite EPL players (Liverpool), and he did not disappoint today. He's always working hard out there. Elia looks great - I hadn't seen him play before (he was much more dangerous looking than Van Persie, who seemed off his game today). The Danes are tough to crack - I doubt that Japan and Cameroon will be able to muster up more than one goal against Denmark.

I'm not sure what to expect in this Cameroon - Japan game. Cameroon is potentially great, but they're inconsistent, and I still don't really have a feel for how good Japan is.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't expect Denmark to be as tough on the Dutch as they were in the first half. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Elia. And of Sneijder - he wasn't too active today. Dutch defense didn't show the weakness that commentators anticipated.

    Damn, Denmark. Don't you go mess with my Group E picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Denmark looked better the first half. I expected to see an early goal by the Danes, because the Netherland's defense did not look very good. Denmark's defense played remarkably well despite the first goal, which was unexpected, an echo of England's blunder. The first goal gave the Dutch the confidence and tempo to show off their passing skills, which resulted in an impressive goal by Liverpudlian player Kuyt. Denmark still showed a lot of promise, proving that the Netherlands, in my opinion, are overhyped. Maybe they will look better once Robin starts. I think Bendtner, the 20 year old, Arsenal player, should have played longer. I guess they need him for their next matches.

    ReplyDelete