Monday, June 28, 2010

Brazil vs. Netherlands!

This World Cup and this betting pool will likely come down to the fantastic quarterfinal matchup of Brazil vs. Netherlands. If Netherlands wins, David and I are looking pretty good. If Brazil wins, Carla and Giovanni have the upper hand. I was impressed with Brazil today - not so much because of their offense, which we all knew was potent, but because their defense seemed impenetrable. Even when Chile had the ball deep in Brazil territory, I sensed no danger. In the group games I thought Chile had an impressive offense, but they didn't really get close to scoring, despite having a fair amount of possession. I picked Netherlands over Brazil, and (sorry, Carla) I hope the Dutch win. I love Kuyt and Sneijder and Robben (who I think is one of the top 5 strikers in the world, better than Van Persie, much better than Rooney...), but after today I have serious doubts. We've seen at least 3 goals is each round of 16 game so far - this is going to be a great knockout round!

Standings through today:

John: 48
Giovanni, Carla: 45
Corinne, David: 43
Joseph: 42
Kit: 40
Tom, Chris: 39
Jeremy: 38
Hallie: 37
Cara, Taylor, Ali: 36
Dean: 35

No comments:

Post a Comment