Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 4 standings

After 11 games, here's how many picks we've gotten right:

John: 9
Joseph, Giovanni: 7
Carla, David, Corinne: 6
Phil, Alex,. Hallie: 5
Jeremy, Kit, Chris, Cara, Tom: 4
Ali, Dean, Taylor: 3
Paul: 2

Joseph briefly threatened to draw even with me this afternoon, but I (along with Giovanni and Phil) had a hunch that an uninspired Italy team would not do better than a draw against Paraguay. Italy is in the same category as England and France: overrated European heavyweights who will not make it to the semifinals! I am very excited about the Portugal vs. Ivory Coast game tomorrow - this match will likely decide the group runner-up (although I predict a draw). I will be rooting heavily for CIV (I even bought a Les Elephantes T-shirt for the occassion). I've heard a couple of ESPN commentators say something like "wait until Ronaldo gets a free kick, and then we'll see what this ball can do!". I predict Ronaldo's first free kick will sail 5 yards over the post! Overrated pretty boy!

1 comment:

  1. If I had based my picks on who I hoped would win instead of who I thought would win, I might be giving John a run for his money! Is there a calendar-worthy life lesson here?

    ReplyDelete