Saturday, June 26, 2010

USA loss and update on knockout stage

I'm pretty down about that game. After the penalty kick I really thought we had momentum and were going to pull it off, but in the end we just ran out of gas. I think it is ridiculous FIFA does not have the sudden-death "golden goal". It would have been a much better way for Ghana to win - on a spectacular golden goal just into extra time instead of a goal followed by a pathetic display of wasting time (and exhausted USA players trying to muster up some offense).

Unfortunately I am still waiting on some slacker's picks (they can't get points on any Uruguay or Ghana wins), but I will send out an email when everything is finalized. Ali is the only one who got points for Ghana's win today - good call. And just so everyone knows there is no funny business, I've got Germany over England, and Argetina over Mexico (and Argentina in the semis), but I will be rooting hard tomorrow for England and Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment