Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Spain vs. Netherlands!

Not the most exciting stuff from Spain-Germany today, but I love the result! Spain in the final for the first time ever! I've always like Puyol - he's not very fast or athletic but he works very hard and plays smart, and he scored the goal of his life today. I would like to see more Fabregas for Spain (he's fresh - they should start him against Netherlands instead of Pedro, who played OK except for the incredibly bad decision not to set up Torres solo on goal). It's nice that there will be a first time World Cup champion this year. And by the way - I'm the only one who picked this final. Despite the fact that I have nailed both the Group Stage and Knockout Round, I still can't quite shake Giovanni, who can tie me for first if Uruguay wins the 3rd place game and Netherlands wins the final. Corinne has clinched 3rd place, so there will be no Singleton 1-2 sweep. Here are the standings after today's game"

John: 60 (64 if Spain wins)
Giovanni: 58 (60 if Uruguay wins)
Corinne: 56
David: 50 (54 if Netherlands wins)
Joseph: 49 (53 if Spain wins)
Carla: 49 (52 if Germany wins)
Jeremy: 49
Taylor: 45 (49 if Spain win)
Kit: 44
Ali: 42
Chris, Hallie: 41
Dean: 39
Cara: 38


1 comment:

  1. ¡Viva España!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7aPp-4z-uw
    España por favor...siiiii

    ReplyDelete